SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your Pick for Best Crimpers
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Your Pick for Best Crimpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
MaineSail, thank you for the response and the great information people provided links to earlier, that was all very helpful.

Do you have an opinion of the Ancor 701030 Double Crimp Tool ?
The earlier models were actually pretty decent. I suspect Ancor changed vendors, they tend to do this, and the most recent one I tested is not the same as the older model I have.

If you want a decent "low-price" but mid-quality tool I highly recommend Pro's Kit..

I like the Ergonomic Crimp Frame

I also Like the Pro Crimp Frame

With these frames you then choose which dies you want. With one or two frames you can crimp just about anything.

Most crimp frames these days are coming from Taiwan or China and even frames costing 8X as much are not much better and are often the exact same tool.. Dies do and can vary and the Pro's Kit dies are "decent" but not exceptional. The key is they are inexpensive so you can build your crimp tool arsenal easily and it's affordable..

I use some Pro's Kit dies and some of them are really very good quality. Some of them I have purchased, but don't use. It is hit or miss.

The Solar MC-4 die for example is beautifully machined and makes a crimp equally comparable to $800.00 MC-4 crimp tools....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook