SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
so, i have a two questions. it does have sails, right? figure i'd better ask that. sails that big would not be cheap.

hard to believe you'd have a nice boat, like that, and never sail it. i keep my dinghy in the back of my truck so i can sail any time i am near water, and have a spare hour or two. i can't imagine letting such a beautiful boat just sit. even if you are short of money, wind is free.

second question. you say he uses the outboard because of a carb leak on the inboard? if so, that's no biggie. i can rebuild a carburetor in my sleep. that would be good because it would mean i'd only have to use an outboard to get it home. not that i intend to use an engine anymore than i actually have to.
What I know I've already told. I don't know about the sails, the inboard ran and something about leaking carb, I don't know about the outboard they rigged up. I've never been on the boat or looked inside. when I get you connected with the right person it's up you, the club, and the owner. We had a house boat sitting for over 10 years someone finally got it and took it away. YCs are always getting stuck with boats. Ours is typical that way.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook