SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which 27 footer to buy.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

TerryBradley is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Which 27 footer to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Look hard for an Albin Cirrus 7.8. I owned one for 125 years. It's a fabulous boat, well built and a great sailer. You might have to up your budget a couple thousand. This is a much, much better boat than the Albin Vega.
Really? 125 years! Wow! Are you still sailing? Cereally; They're all pretty good boats. The Vega And the C&C and the Ericson. I bought a Catalina 27 for $4000. Sound and dry. But to get her the way I wanted I pumped another 4500 bucks into her. I will never recoup my entire investment in her but that's not nor should it ever be the point. I've had her for four years and if I keep her another five or six, I could probably sell her for $5500. Point is I would have had a good boat for ten years at a cost of $450 per year. Cheap fun in my book. I sail in the PNW and will head for Desolation sound next season. She's a good boat and can handle almost anything the PNW comes up with. Sailed the Ericson in Hawaii. Really nice boat. Just don't look at it as an "investment". You ain't gonna win with a boat in most cases. (Never say never).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook