SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heard of laser flare lights?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Heard of laser flare lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyruffn View Post
They use standard AA batteries and so the life of the battery is a function of the brand you choose. Most brand name AA batteries have a very long shelf life.

And if you choose Lithium AA batteries they are guaranteed to last a minimum of 10 years in storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
Great idea, waiting for CG approval in north America last time I heard but already approved for use elsewhere in the world. Safe, effective, foolproof. Only illegal to point at an aircraft if not being used in an emergency situation, but frankly the same goes for setting off a traditional flare down the highstreet.
I think these are already as approved as they are going to get, but there is the "new" laser flairs that has the rotating head, that is being approved is called the ODEO Laser Flare.

Odeo Flare :: #1 in Laser Flares
and

Looks kind of cool, but I am not sure I like the idea of moving parts in a device that will be stored for years and expected to work in the worst conditions. The Greatland is just a simple hand held laser that you point at a plane hoping it will shine on the windscreen and they will notice you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook