SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fraud on the hook
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Fraud on the hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
See, no - you don't know the CURRENT status of his visa, or if one is even required. You know what her status apparently was in May of this year.
Anything else you assume.

Besides which um, they don't expire. A tourist from France is granted a 90 visa if they apply. If they don't apply - and oh BTW - a visa is NOT required - then the common practice is to stamp the PP with a 1 year period.

Wanna guess what happens when the year is up?

IF they go to a embassy and ask it gets renewed for a year. It's a tourist visa. If they don't go to an embassy and ask, nothing happens.
Even if they are arrested.
Charges were dropped, no crime was committed from a legal point of view.

I'm not defending these guys, Heck I posted the thread!
I'm saying ya'll need to quit hollering about do this and do that when the law protects them just as much as anyone else.
Facts folks, facts.
I had a post typed up that said about the same. The only thing we know is that a check bounced. We don't know who wrote the check, and if it was forged. All we know is that that check was returned, and apparently according to the article that there are some irregularities with the check. Now of course Ott should have returned any money that he had left from the check. We don't know if he did or did not. I am confidant that the police are trying to figure this out. If it was fraud, that is no small matter and will be determined.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to miatapaul For This Useful Post:
chucklesR (11-01-2013)