SailNet Community - View Single Post - Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Re: Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement

I got an update from Dylan ( DYLAN BAILEY?S YACHT Surveying Marine Surveyor Boat & Yacht surveys & Consulting St. Augustine, Florida)

His dad is also in the business and is doing the pull and replace of chain plates on a Irwin 43 in Norfolk. Mentioned it earlier, figured a reminder was called for.

Bottom line, On that Irwin 43, of the 6 chain plates pulled (aft lower, upper, forward lower - both sides). Of the six pulled 3 had serious corrosion - see previous pictures and posts.

Here's some photo's (inside, outside) of new plates installed - basically following the same plan that Jimmy C at The Rigging Company is recommending for mine.

The Rigging Company - mod's if I'm out of line holler and I'll remove the links, what I'm seeing with 11 plus pages is a lot of folks need and want information on this.

I like dealing with Jimmy, no bull, no sugar - and never assumes he's got your job.

You've seen the outside of my 38 CC (first post) l 43 CC is pretty much the same - here you see what a bolt through would look like.

and here is the inside - note I've got LOT a lot of grinding to do

Last edited by chucklesR; 11-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook