SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rethana 27
Thread: Rethana 27
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

gjbrnhll is on a distinguished road
Rethana 27

I am looking for a boat this size for some day sailing and maybe some longer trips along the East coast of Florida.

I came across this boat for a great price and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the model. I did some research but all I could find out was that the boat was German made and not too many of them were produced.

The boat floats and comes with sails but is in need of some TLC and a lot of cleaning. The floorboards need to be replaced. The cushions need to be replaced. Some rigging needs to be replaced. The hull and deck are in good shape though. There is mold on the inside bulkheads and inner hull. Is this a symptom of a bigger problem like hull leaks?

Also the boat is fitted for a single cylinder inboard (has a shaft and prop) but doesn't have one in it. How much is this going to cost me to purchase and install? I think somewhere between 1,500 and 3,000, is that about right?

The boat has a centerboard that can be raised up and lowered. I've never seen this in a 27 footer. Is this going to decrease the strength of the keel?

The boat floats and only costs $650.00. but with all the above problems is this boat going to be more of a restoration problem that a novice like me can handle?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook