SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fraud on the hook
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

MastUndSchotbruch is on a distinguished road
Re: Fraud on the hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
See, no - you don't know the CURRENT status of his visa, or if one is even required. You know what her status apparently was in May of this year.
Anything else you assume.
Yup, I _assume_ that the status is as it has been described in the local press, that they have not renewed their tourist visa, see link below. Do you have any information to the contrary?

Quote:
Besides which um, they don't expire. A tourist from France is granted a 90 visa if they apply. If they don't apply - and oh BTW - a visa is NOT required - then the common practice is to stamp the PP with a 1 year period.
You know, um, I have news for you: Visa do expire!

In this particular case, it expired March 13 this year: Primadonna | The Shipping News | TownDock.net, Oriental NC

More news: You are right that under some circumstances tourists from France do no need a visa since they may be allowed in the Visa Waiver program, see Non-Immigrant Visas | Embassy of the United States Paris, France. But this is only valid for stays up to 90 days. Which would have been up even earlier, December 13 2012.

Quote:
Wanna guess what happens when the year is up?

IF they go to a embassy and ask it gets renewed for a year. It's a tourist visa. If they don't go to an embassy and ask, nothing happens.
Even if they are arrested.
Charges were dropped, no crime was committed from a legal point of view.
I have no idea if an immigration violation is a crime but severe cases are surely grounds for deportation.

Quote:

I'm not defending these guys, Heck I posted the thread!
I'm saying ya'll need to quit hollering about do this and do that when the law protects them just as much as anyone else.
Facts folks, facts.
I know you posted the thread. But your posting gives the impression that you consider obeying immigration laws of this country as optional.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook