SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing, safety, & size
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing, safety, & size

I eat like a king but I have to agree, getting a girl on a 22' boat is near impossible. My primary propulsion is a sculling oar but occasionally my outboard works, I have a range of 25 miles on those rare occasions. As far as experience is concerned I have to admit that half of my sea miles were as crew in training ie a glorified passenger.
One last though. This summer I was invited to stay for free at a local marina. Several of us were sitting in the cockpit playing music eating a huge meal cooked from scratch with great wine and candles everywhere. There was a 65' luxury yacht moored in front of us on its way back through Panama after a summer cruising in the Salish Sea. The owner of the boat came over to complement us on our life and admitted that he was envious of us. As he got up to leave several hours later he also complemented us on our wine selection and said it was the best he has ever had. We might not have big boats or all the bells and whistles but on Sunday night when everyone is rushing back to work we sail on. I cant think of a single complaint I have ever had when it comes to my boat, she is perfect...for me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook