SailNet Community - View Single Post - Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I got an update from Dylan ( DYLAN BAILEY?S YACHT Surveying Marine Surveyor Boat & Yacht surveys & Consulting St. Augustine, Florida)

His dad is also in the business and is doing the pull and replace of chain plates on a Irwin 43 in Norfolk. Mentioned it earlier, figured a reminder was called for.

Bottom line, On that Irwin 43, of the 6 chain plates pulled (aft lower, upper, forward lower - both sides). Of the six pulled 3 had serious corrosion - see previous pictures and posts.

Here's some photo's (inside, outside) of new plates installed - basically following the same plan that Jimmy C at The Rigging Company is recommending for mine.

The Rigging Company - mod's if I'm out of line holler and I'll remove the links, what I'm seeing with 11 plus pages is a lot of folks need and want information on this.

I like dealing with Jimmy, no bull, no sugar - and never assumes he's got your job.

You've seen the outside of my 38 CC (first post) l 43 CC is pretty much the same - here you see what a bolt through would look like.

and here is the inside - note I've got LOT a lot of grinding to do
That's exactly what I recommended back in post #28. Certainly the simplest and most straightforward replacement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook