SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing, safety, & size
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailing, safety, & size

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
... Here is a real world example in 6-8 knots of wind on my last sail I raced a 45' ish high performance cruising boat that coasts about 700 grand. I left them in the dust and they eventually dropped sail motored past and asked if I had an electric engine. In the real world my boat is faster than the big ones. I sail rings around large boats in light air all the time. When its really blowing those same big boats drop all sail and motor, I'm not sure why but if they don't have a 2000 mile range their boats are useless for long distance voyaging. ...
I am a bit confused here. Do you sail a race boat? Sure with very light winds a very light small boat can be faster but 8K is already a lot of wind for a performance boat, I mean that performance 45 cruiser. Most modern 45 performance cruisers can make over 7K with 8k wind and your hull speed is about 6k, so unless it is deep downwind I don't see how that is possible.

What is that incredible 22ft fast cruiser boat that can beat a performance 45ft with light wind and most of all can beat it in strong winds?

A 45ft boat is useless for long distance voyaging? Do you think that your 22ft is better? I thought it was a racer

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook