SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Mini transat

I had already showed my disagreement of how the race committee had acted in regarding the cancellation of the first leg of the race. The way they have made it just makes my disagreement stronger

From Giancarlo Pedote site (translated):

"The stage Douaradnenez - Sada , was not only canceled : it is was if it never existed. This is for the organization , not for the skippers who have made it .

The race committee has decided to tear up the declarations of race retirement and allow all members to bring their boats to land to Sada (which will be the next port of departure) and restart as if nothing had happened .

But something happened :

Approx 400 miles crossing the Bay of Biscay in rough seas , the weather conditions were not easy but we made it with the knife between the teeth. …a minimum of 60 hours of exhausting sailing, for skippers and boats.
Giancarlo comments on the situation. " Entering the Gulf of Sada looking for the finish line I saw a Inflatable of about 3 meters that come to me with the engine roaring and told me that the race was canceled . Only then I realized that this was the content of the message I had received on the VHF (with bad reception) when I was about 4 miles from the location of the finish line.

I had completed 99% of the race .

It is useless to hide how strong I was disappointed. In any case, I decided not to make a protest to the race committee…. .

My advantage of 4 hours over the second and the rest of the fleet has to be considered as an aperitif offered to all by Giancarlo Pedote and its ITA 747 . "

Mini Transat. Si rinizia da capo. E i vantaggi conquistati si trasformano in svantaggi.

At least Giancarlo has a sense of humor. In his situation I would have been seriously pissed and I would have filled that protest!!!! It is not fair neither sportive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook