SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing, safety, & size
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailing, safety, & size

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
I read somewhere a while back that the Nor'sea 27 has more circumnavigations than any other sailboat ever built go figure...
Well, I seriously doubt that is true...

The Nor Sea 27 isn't even the most popular choice among those listed in LATITUDE 38's List of West Coast Circumnavigators, hard to imagine it would have been an even more popular choice among Europeans and other nationalities who have sailed around the world...

Latitude 38 - West Coast Circumnavigators' List

There's no question, the NS 27 is an extremely capable little boat. But I find it hard to believe that a boat originally designed and marketed to be trailerable, would have been the choice of more circumnavigators than any other boat out there...

I've never seen a definitive answer to the question, and I doubt anyone knows with any certainty, but if I had to put my finger on one boat that has gone around more than any other, I'd guess the Tayana 37... They had a very long production run, many are available at good prices, and have long seemed to me to be a very popular choice among those taking off for extended cruising. Or, perhaps the Valiant 40, or Westsail 32... Among boats under 30', I'd guess maybe the Albin Vega, or Contessa 26?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to JonEisberg For This Useful Post:
Lou452 (11-04-2013)