SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing, safety, & size
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing, safety, & size

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
.....SNIP.....
There's no question, the NS 27 is an extremely capable little boat. But I find it hard to believe that a boat originally designed and marketed to be trailerable, would have been the choice of more circumnavigators than any other boat out there...

I've never seen a definitive answer to the question, and I doubt anyone knows with any certainty, but if I had to put my finger on one boat that has gone around more than any other, I'd guess the Tayana 37... They had a very long production run, many are available at good prices, and have long seemed to me to be a very popular choice among those taking off for extended cruising. Or, perhaps the Valiant 40, or Westsail 32... Among boats under 30', I'd guess maybe the Albin Vega, or Contessa 26?

I would agree Jon,

I know they have made many and I have had the privelage to talk to a few of the owners, but my bet would be about the list you gave. I might move the Westsail 32 up a bit on the list???

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook