And this Autumn will be a crappy one . Bad weather after bad weather. Now it is the guys from the big transat that say that there is a possibility to having to postpone the race.
Yes, I guess that if going upwind with 50k should be a drag with the racing mono-hulls, with multihulls it would even be worst.
If not plain dangerous I would say that I would like to see that: that's the only way the Open 60's can beat the Multi 50. The Mod 70 will be faster anyway...if they survive and with really bad weather I would not trust much those boats, not racing anyway. Tricky speedsters
Maybe they let go the monohulls and put the multihulls in wait?
"Because of the weather conditions forecast for Sunday night into Monday, what would be the first night at sea for the Transat Jacques Vabre monohull fleet, a decision as to whether to delay the start or not will be announced later on Saturday morning, 2nd November.
At the skipper’s briefing this morning, the organisers of the Transat Jacques Vabre told the assembled crews of their decision.
In fact part of the reason for the uncertainty is that the three main weather models which were presented by Météo France’s Richard Sylvani, Arpeggio, GFS and CEP, do not concur on the timing and exact track of the Atlantic low pressure which is due to pass up the Channel. If it tracks close to the channel as some models suggest then winds with be average 35kts, gusting to 50kts but if it tracks further to the north then winds will be a more manageable 20kts.
And so the organisers of this 11th Transat Jacques Vabre have chosen to wait until the next update of the weather models and decide after tonight, and so the start times and dates for the monohulls will be announced Saturday morning as will decisions about the Mulihulls’ prologue and the timing of the starts for the Multi 50’s and MOD70’s."
Start Decisions Saturday | Transat Jacques Vabre 2013 : Le Havre - Itajai | Novembre 2013 | Take to the seas and act for the planet