SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
Jack,

Re: Using the lift to inspect the bottom. A good many (most) sailboats are rounded on the bottom, and motor boats are generally straight. The lift, assuming it is set up for a motor boat, probably has straight bunks. If the sailboat has a significant curve in the hull, the straight bunks might over stress a curved hull. My C22 had a fair amount of curve and trailer bunks were "bent" accordingly. I've seen other small sailboats where the bottom was more straight and straight bunks wouldn't be a problem. Not sure what the boat you are looking at has. If you have access to any literature on this boat, you might look to make sure that the hull is relatively flat.

Fixed keel may or may not cause a problem in getting into the lift. That one is easy, either it will or it won't go into the lift.
oh right. hadn't considered that. I don't really have any info one it, other than what is posted here. he says they do have the hatches. that's something. so the lift is out. I will have to check on the lift at the marina I am thinking about, too. glad you chimed in with that thought.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook