Join Date: May 2013
Location: glen burnie, md
Thanked 52 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 3
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness
that's a good idea. I might just do that. from my GF's apartment ( where I am on the weekends ), it's actually only 5 minutes away. however, there are a good may marinas in the area. it may be worth a day of driving around.
he had emailed me letting me know they had the hatches and asked if I had decided. I was evasive and simply said that I had been checking marinas, which I did, and that I would need til wed, if I take it, to have the money for a marina.
he responded this morning by telling me I had til Wednesday, then ( before it was Monday ), and that, if I wanted, he could help me move it to a marina.
well, I think I will go marina hopping today, while I am out. high tide is at 6:30, still pretty late. I am going to look at it around 4. that halfway between high and low tide. I am going to make my decision, right then, and, if I decide not to take it, I will strip it before I leave.
I want to thank everyone for their input. it's been very helpful, informative, and it's given me lot's of things to consider, while making my decision. regardless of what I choose today, what I have learned in this thread will be a big help as I move into the future.