SailNet Community - View Single Post - Smacky is a published author
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Smacky is a published author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Smack,

Has Ron Trossbach been helpful with SAS?
Absolutely. He was one of the first guys I contacted when starting this story. And now that the article is up, he's putting me in touch with other SAS folks to spread the word.

If I recall correctly, there were a total of 9 people who were very generous with their time and info for this story. I'm very grateful to them all. I really enjoyed talking with Ben Strong (AMVER Relations Director) and Geoff Pagels (SAR Controller) of the USCG and walking through the whole process. I have so much respect and admiration for those guys - as I'm sure we all do.

As mentioned in the article, the USCG is working with other SAR organizations around the world, as well as with the shipping industry to move toward more standardization in equipment and training for these kinds of rescues. It's a huge undertaking as you can imagine - but they are on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook