Another one postponed
and as for the mini transat there is a lot that I do not agree with the race committee decisions:
Manfred Ramspacher ( sporting director ) explained:
"The event sport direction the entire organization has made the decision to postpone the start until a more favorable situation arrives, which could be Thursday.”
“Winds 30 to 50 knots which could endanger the skippers and their boats are forecast. We are well aware that classes such as IMOCA could start. But our main concern is the overall safety of the crews.”
“Our decision is based on the forecast that we could get away from Le Havre but with difficult conditions and some uncertainly at the ras Blanchard, at Ushant, and some very difficult conditions at the start of the Bay of Biscay.
Our first aim is to ensure we can get maximum number of boats finishing Itajai.”
“We must maintain this solidarity in the event. The possibility of starting Wednesday or Thursday not for certain. We think it can happen, but it is still uncertain. The MOD 70 are still programmed to start on Wednesday or Thursday, we will decide in consultation with them.
An IMOCA race might have been able to start, and I can understand their disappointment, but we are a multi-class race. "
It does not make sense. They say that this is a multi-class race but they were not to start all at the same time, according with the planned.
If they were not to start at the same time (not even at the same day) if the Open60's have conditions to sail out and race why no start the race for them at the scheduled time and have a start on the other classes when the weather allows safety conditions from them?
Since there is not a honor line to anyone (different starting times) and this is strictly a class race I cannot understand why?
Anyway, it seems to me that the Open60 guys are pissed with the decision ("I can understand their disappointment").
Does anybody understand why they have taken the decision to not let go the Open60's?