SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 TJV

What a privilege if one could be the "third man" on the IMOCA 60 "Macif" with these two gentlemen.

Somehow it doesn't seem fair to the other IMOCA 60 competitors. A lot of talent in that fleet, but unless Bernard Stamm can get "Cheminées Poujoulat" to perform properly, the only competition I see for "Macif" will come from the wily veterans Vincent Riou and the irrepressible Jean Le Cam, who became one of my favorites in the last Vendée for his marvelously funny video journals. Indeed, he is the one with whom I would love to have dinner just for the pleasure (otherwise I would prefer to dine with MichDes, armed with a digital recorder and a notebook).

Everything Paulo wrote about Franck Cammas I totally agree with, but I think Michel Desjoyeux is also in that same category of brilliance on the water. François Gabart has been very fortunate to have him as a mentor. We should all be so fortunate.

Very interested to see how the new Ker-designed Class 40 "Concise 8" performs in its first real test since it was launched. Don't recall if the McConaghy-built boat has been covered in this thread by Paulo already. Definitely a very interesting boat.