SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaque Fabre / Bolt 37

I think you are forgetting Safran and Marc Guillemot, Pascal Bidégorry. I believe that those two are among the ones that can win.

Yes, I posted about the Ker 40class racer. I am also very curious about that boat and to see how Ker will perform in what regards designing solo boats but I would say that I don't expect much: After all the other designers have years of experience with solo racers and the design of a solo or short crew racing boat is very different from the design of a crewed racer. But I do love ker work and designs and secretly hope I am wrong.

Do you know the new "cheap" racer by ker (made in Turkey)? Well cheap but fast

Here is that post about the Ker 40class racer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Ker is dominating IRC (in its class) with his One design 40 and not only, just remember that a Sydney 43 also designed by him won the next Sydney Hobart, but one thing is a design for crew racing other a design for solo racing and I am very curious to see how the new solo boat will perform.

Just to see the differences in design, besides beam, have a look at how the design of the transom is different, not in what regards beam being brought back but on the way the boat sits on the water and allows heeling.

The IRC racer:

and the 40 class solo racer:

The boat first race will be the Transat Jaques Fabre that will start soon.

By the way, ker is the one that has been working on the keels and rudders of Salonas with obvious results in speed and victories. The first Salona completely designed by Ker will be the 60 and I cannot wait to see the smaller Salonas completely designed by him.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-13-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook