SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Peak Sails Experience
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013

USCANAM is on a distinguished road
Re: My Peak Sails Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCANAM View Post
Sails for my Catalina were ordered and paid for about a week ago. Had many cordial conversations with Chris. Am hoping that I don't experience the problems that have been posted here.
Time (about 3 weeks) will tell.

USCANAM
Catalina 380
Happy to report that our sail order arrived today. Sails were shipped at the same time in two boxes, one 45 pounds, and one 60 pounds. The lighter box arrived 3 days ago, the heavier one today.
Will not have a chance to bend the sails this season, but we spread them out on our front lawn.
They are radial cut and look beautiful. Stitching looks good, and construction looks neat. Some nice things were Velcro pockets for the tension line cleats on the genoa.
One small item were missing grommets for the main where the reefing lines have to be tied around the boom. Peak is issuing me a check that will more than cover installing them.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality and price of our new sails. As to how they fit and sail, I'll find that out in the Spring.
I did discuss some of the negative comments posted on this forum with Chris, and he replied some of that was due to previous ownership, and he's trying to rectify past problems.
So, what we got were a new set of radial cut sails at just about the same price for a standard cut set, and so far the service and follow-up have been outstanding.
Can't wait for April now!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook