SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing, safety, & size
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailing, safety, & size

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post
Paulo - read what I wrote. I assiduously avoided drawing any conclusions. In any case, a solo race boat and a solo cruising boat are two entirely different things. How many people go cruising in an Open 60?
Yes, I read, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post

But interestingly, the Pogo is crewed by at least four people, according to the video. Is it easily manageable by a cruising couple? Unless the answer is yes (and maybe it is), it is not a "safer" boat for a short-handed crew.
But you keep confusing things: Those boats are not Open 60 but 40class racers. The Pogo 12.50 is a performance cruiser with the same hull of a 40class racer but with a smaller rig and a good cruising interior even if a bit spartan. A Pogo 12.50 is a lot more easy to sail than a 40class racer (less power). A 40class racer is designed to be solo sailed by an experienced sailor.

The boat that I posted and that deserved your first comment regarding not being suited for short hand cruising is a a Pogo 12.50. The boat was elected this year as the 2013 European performance cruiser and Is a big sales success with a long waiting list.

There is at least a member of this forum that has a Pogo 12.50. He posted recently a video sailing his boat with a friend (he has a broken arm).

There is another member of this forum that is in France to buy one. If I am not mistaken he is American and will sail the boat back home.

The Pogo 12.50 is one of the few performance cruisers that is unsuitable to race (ratting too high to be competitive) and is used exclusively by its owners for cruising, I would say, fast cruising.

There are several cruising extensively. Here you have a Russian one

Pogo 12.50 Easy: TRANSAT

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-05-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook