SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
post #474 of Old 11-05-2013
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So on this whole "motion comfort" thing - I'm gonna have to call a little BS. On our recent 150-mile offshore delivery...shown here:
It doesn't matter what boat you're in - if the conditions are right, you're gonna puke. And eventually, you'll get over it. "Motion comfort", at least as framed in these debates, is a very squishy concept.
I don't know ...maybe. I never puked in a boat. I am not a puke guy but unfortunately I know what make my wife and my kids (not kids anymore) Puke: it is when I am having fun

It is horrible to have a big grin and enjoying the ride and then have to make a sorrow face when I ask to my wife: are you better?

It is not fun also to take some sail and speed out and open the upwind course to give her a softer ride. That's life: we wave to compromise and that's a pity.

Now what are you saying about sea motion comfort? It is the motion of a sailboat when I am not having fun? Give me the fun and have the soft motion to yourself and to all Puke guys and girls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome