SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Big Freakin' Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
We all used Bonine. My dad's a pharmacist and recommended it. It's been great in the past. This time - not so much. We also tried the wrist bands later, but they didn't really do anything for them.

About 30 minutes outside the jetties in the big swells (we were beating into them), I was trying to keep the boys interested in the ships, etc. BigSmack went first - he's the most susceptible to motion sickness. LilSmack followed him to the rail about 5 minutes later. Then I started in right after them. It was the first time I've ever been sick. So I'm not sure if it was sympathy hurling or what.

After a couple of hours and one more trip to the rail, I was fine. But it took LilSmack 8 hours to get his sealegs - and 20 hours for BigSmack (poor dude).

Even so, they never complained, never asked to go back, nothing. They just powered through it. Then they brightened right up and started having fun after it passed. I was so proud of them. Tough little dudes.
Nice family. As I have said in another post I am very lucky and I don't get seasick but my family does, specially in more demanding circumstances and I have a long experience to try to find something that can make them not suffer while I am having fun. That's a very awkward situation and I don't feel good with that.

The best I could find was this thing:

ReliefBand for Motion Sickness

It worked on my kids, not so well with my wife, not because it did nor work but because he had a skin allergy to it.

Neurowave Medical Technologies ReliefBand Motion Sickness Control Reviews | Buzzillions.com

There are other models available:

COMFORT QUEST Anti-Seasickness Band at West Marine

5 years after being bought it still works and it is on the boat for guests with a seasikness problem.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook