SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Voyage small fast boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys05 View Post
Paulo-

Yep, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for: European boats that would fit into the same niche as the C&C 99 (which, like you said is no longer in production, I was just using it as as starting place). I'm certain that there are a good number of boats that fit in that envelope that I haven't heard of simply because they aren't on this side of the "pond." As to the "voyaging" vs "cruising" thing, I guess my ideal would be a voyaging boat (your definition) that makes a PASSABLE cruising boat once it is at far-flung destinations. I want to see what is at the smaller end of the spectrum than the ~40+ boats since it is likely that I'll be more likely to get a newer/faster boat in the 30-34 ft range in my price range than the larger ones. Thanks for the suggestions so far, I may have to look at the RM 880/890, those look pretty nice.

Brandon
According to your definition: " As to the "voyaging" vs "cruising" thing, I guess my ideal would be a voyaging boat (your definition) that makes a PASSABLE cruising boat once it is at far-flung destinations"
I would say that definitely the boat that I know that fits better is the RM. If you are talking as mostly coastal voyage with some passages the 890 will do but if you are talking about crossing oceans then the 1060 will be much more suited.

They are not passable cruising boats but very good cruising boats and their are boats also thought to voyage, even from the interior when the weather is really nasty (the previous model):

They can even race and not be ridicolous, I mean In Europe, on the US it would be a very fast boat

They have not a dealer in the US only in Maritinique:

RM Yachts : A&C Yacht Brokers, acheter ou vendre votre bateau RM Yachts sur bateaux-antilles.fr

They have been growing so much that maybe they are interested in finding one if you are interested in buying a boat. Talk to them. If I understood you well, this is the boat that you want.

Regarding more similar as the C&C 99, I and on the sizes you want, I would point you to the Elan 320 or 360. I have posted recently about boat boats doe a search on the thread engine and you will find the posts.

I would say that the 320 is not far away from the performance of the C&C99, maybe even better but will be more suited to voyage and solo sailing. The 360 would not only be more suited but faster too. To have more information you can look at boat tests on the Elan 310 and 350. Same hull and approximately the same characteristics, even if the new boats are slightly faster and have a better interior. Lots of information about those two boats on this thread.

Yacht, Sail, Boat, Yachts - ELAN YACHTS | Home

Elan has a dealer in the states:

Sound Yachting

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-06-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook