SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl411 View Post
Do you think you would have gotten sick quicker on a less "comfortable" boat?
I found my wife, kids and I like the slower motion better. Also having our kids on board adds to the uneasy feeling. We haven't gotten sick yet but the closest was when our kids got sick.

Don't totally discount the "comfort" yet. I have found it has its place when comparing similar sized boats.
I don't mean to discount the argument - I'm just saying it's an issue of degrees. In other words, sickness will come on either boat if you're susceptible and the conditions are right. Then it simply becomes a question of:

1. Do you puke 2 times less on the older bluewater boat than on the newer production boat?

2. Does it take you 2 hours longer to start puking on the older bluewater boat than on the production boat?

So, I fully acknowledge that it's a factor. There is math involved. And I respect math.

But I certainly wouldn't want to sell my family on the notion that they'll be more "comfortable" (i.e. - not puke) on an older bluewater boat than they will be on our Hunter 40 in the same conditions. I just think the actual differences are marginal.

Again, I'll have to see when take our H40 out this spring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-06-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook