SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to get my boat to Florida without breaking the bank
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: How to get my boat to Florida without breaking the bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene505 View Post
The kids are off school for 16 straight days starting December 20th. This rarely happens.

I would love to get the boat down to Florida to spend some time in the Bahamas, but just don't have the $$ to pay a crew, or all the time to sail her down myself. It seems a real shame to kick around Florida instead, staying with relatives, friends, and at hotels -- and not on our boat. But that is what we are looking at.

So throwing it out there to the forum. Any ideas or options that I haven't considered?

Boat is a 2000 Beneteau 505.

Regards,
Brad
Brad--

Why not offer the boat as "Available for One-Way Charter" to the Bahamas from New York in a couple of sailing magazines--South Winds, Latitude 38, etc. You might actually find someone willing to pay you to sail the boat down to the Bahamas. You could meet her in Marsh Harbor, or West End, or where-ever and keep her in Florida for a year or two, eh?

Think of how old Tom Sawyer got his fence whitewashed, no?
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

Last edited by svHyLyte; 11-07-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Add addendum
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook