SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

No argument there bubble. I've sailed maybe 8-9 boats since I started - only two of them on off-shore distance routes. Those two boats are pretty widely respected boats in the bluewater category: Pacific Seacraft 37 Crealock and Pearson 365 Ketch.

Granted, not Hinckleys, but I'm never going to have a Wally either. In any case, I've paid very close attention to the ride of both of these boats - trying to compare it to my production boat. And though I've not yet had our production boat out there, I'm not seeing a "huge" difference in ride (i.e. - comfort motion). I could absolutely be wrong. And I'll be the first to admit it when it happens on our H40. But, like I said above, I'm just a bit dubious. It's not a real selling point for me yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-07-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook