SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Peak Sails Experience
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013

windnrock is on a distinguished road
Re: My Peak Sails Experience

The "New" management is the same as the old. I had numerous unanswered calls and emails to Chris. This is AFTER they took my money. I finally got a reply, not from Chris, not from Art, but Deanna, the lady that receives the sails in Colorado who is the only bright spot in the company. Glad you had good luck but the tirade and cussing I got when finally I spoke with Art Kelly(he screens his calls) it was nothing short of psychotic and childlike. All I wanted were some answers that Chris would not get back to me on. After the "conversation" I canceled the order on my card despite being told I would be refunded. Art is a piece of work. Like I said, both Peak Sails and his previous attempt have "f" ratings with the BBB. The design aspect is suspect as far as it being done by them. Wilfer Sails is a design build loft. I work with Kappa Sails because I trust them with my business. The people ALWAYS answer the phone, they always get back. Heck they even made a sail bag out of different material because Brian(the owner) remembered my wife doesn't like red. Kappa Sails is a stand up outfit with thoughtful and diligent people. I received a call from the loft in Ohio because I had a question about the design, Brian had them call me and they did. He then checked back to be sure I was satisfied! I wouldn't buy a cheap furnace from people I didn't trust for a dirt home, why would I buy sails for my boat from dubious characters? Everyone is free to make their own decisions, good or bad.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook