SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to get my boat to Florida without breaking the bank
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: How to get my boat to Florida without breaking the bank

Thanks Hugo. Are you ever not helpful??? I still owe you dinner out for your help in the spring!

I'm getting interested in even a partial trip, if only to do some winter sailing (and not have to antifreeze the water tanks). I could actually sail her in the winter, after a long drive.

Insurance-wise, my insurer insured me as commercial for a day when the boat was in the movie Side Effects. I suppose they would do something similar for a 1-way charter, for a cost of course. I'd have to have a captain on board though.

The main issue is that I don't have the time to sail her down without looking at the calendar.

Perhaps it would be better to leave her in the bahamas, and fly in/out with the family. That way I wouldn't have to cross the stream at all during Christmas vacation.

The kids are also off in February and April. The benefit is obviuos; the logistics are a bit challenging but fun.

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing, anchors, batteries, rode length, fridge-or-not, freezer-or-not, and guns-on-board. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook