SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trailer sailer
Thread: Trailer sailer
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013

gedaggett is on a distinguished road
Re: Trailer sailer

MacGregor X models seem to be very polarizing designs. On one hand you have a very loyal following who loves the boats and feel like they are are versatile and have the benefits of both. Then you have the other side that often has the view that when you try and have a compromise in design you get just that, a boat that comprises and doesn't do either particularly well. I think the point I am trying to make is there are so many designs and so many opinions of them it might be best to just try and get on some boats and see what you really like. Go look at anything that is near you so you get a feel for the different designs and beg, plead and offer good quality beer to get out on a couple boats.

I would agree with Harley that the X is definitely relegated to a life near the coast. Has a very high free board and can be very tender in moderate waves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I would rather admit I'm a fool with the possibility of finding I am not, than to deny it showing all that I truly am.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to gedaggett For This Useful Post:
06HarleyUltra (11-07-2013)