SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013

Ranthra is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Glenn - Finished the book last night. A review was posted on Amazon this morning. Thanks for the insights to the workings of Amazon.

I enjoyed the book more than any of the dozen or so other sailing adventure books I've read. The storytelling was captive and identifiable. Lots of funny events that all sailors can relate to.

As I read the book, I was surprised of the bluntness in describing the crew members and wondered what their reactions were about the details. Thanks for addressing that in this thread. I will not comment on the relationship issues. It's not my business or area of expertise, and you seem to have reached a point of satisfied acceptance.

BTW, I do agree with your assessment of composting heads. I chose the C-Head model due to the use of common milk jugs and 5 gallon buckets for collection. I appreciate that design approach, and they are not visible when in use as they are contained within the main housing. There is comfort in knowing that my head cannot flood the bilge or sink the boat. Emptying the contents is much less offensive and more sanitary than messing with pump-outs.

Anyway, I appreciate the honesty in the book. Sailing isn't always as glamorous as we'd like. I am a weekend and over-niter coastal cruiser, and that satisfies my dreams for now. But someday...

Last edited by Ranthra; 11-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Ranthra For This Useful Post:
glenndamato (11-08-2013)