SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Trouble on Route to the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
I've been seasick on a boat delivery. Fortunately, I was the only one of the crew and it was temporary and the conditions were nowhere near what the rally encountered. For about 18 hours my ability to handle the most basic of tasks was impaired although I tried as best I could to pull my weight. I can kinda see how, an entire crew being seasick under the conditions the rally went through, even if some of you think those conditions "not all that bad", would increase the risk of something catastrophic happening if everyone on the boat was impaired and unable to make a reasoned decision. I don't know this for certain, but if on top of that the crew was inexperienced, that risk would be even greater.
Not really understand your point. I understand what you mean but are you saying that a Mayday should be issued if all the crew is seasick, it is inexperienced and that can potentially lead to a very dangerous situation?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook