SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Trouble on Route to the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
No. But there are degrees of seasickness beyond simple queasiness. Once you get severely seasick, your ability to make good decisions is impaired not to mention your ability to physically do anything to save yourself should it come to that. If everyone on board is in the same state, how is that safe? If everyone on board is incapacitated, coupled with 8 to 12-foot seas, add to that a potentially inexperienced crew, how is that safe?

We don't know. We weren't there. All I'm saying is castigating them because of seasickness is not fair.
I agree with you but it is not a situation to issue a mayday.

I guess that in what regard that here you have a different situation. To be that offshore you have to have a formal qualification and training, one that comes after other formal qualifications for smaller navigation areas. You know exactly in what situations you can ask for a mayday. Till one of the imminent life threatening situations that can justify a mayday happens you put a floating anchor, go inside, close the boat and suffer praying that you don't need to ask for a Maday.

Those boats were not even close to the shore.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook