SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
I think that might be the first time I've seen a 'J' with teak decks.. I gather that's the Euro built model? Looks pretty nice, alright..

J boats have always been instantly 'recognizable'.. this one is departing from that, esp if the sprit pod, logo, and transom are out of view..
I don't think the J122 is built in the states. The boat is built by Jcomposites in France, at least the first ones were and certainly almost all are since they are sold almost all in Europe. Some Europeans like teak decks, specially in cruising boats

J/122 Articles & Reviews

J Composite - Home - J Boats - J Composites

The J122 would have not any change to have survived as a performance cruiser with a relatively good interior in the states. That market is almost non existent there and most of the brands that make those boats in Europe or don't have dealers on the states or just make a symbolic effort since the boats are not sold.

Salona have tried and sold one boat to a very happy client that is a member of this forum, a salona 37.

Most American sailors still see does boats as race boats

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook