SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
I'm inclined to believe the conditions that the boats offshore saw might have been considerably more impressive than what's being reported... Our sail down the Bay yesterday and last night was fantastic, but featured a lot more breeze behind that front than was forecast...
And before anyone beats up the forecasters, the weather was quite odd. We don't often see cold fronts pushed along in front of a high instead of dragged along by a low. The high stalled and the cold front intensified over Tidewater Virginia and then drifted offshore to pound the boats out there. It was all very flaky. I don't think anyone got it right.

I agree that C1500 made the best call leaving Saturday although conditions have been sporty. I was recommending Sunday night into Monday morning which might have been late. Mid- to late-week turned out not to be so great. Everyone was trying to make conservative assessments but the weather simply didn't develop the way we expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
btw, for those that haven't had the pleasure, a CR 42 on a broad reach in 30 knots of November breeze, it's like sailing a freight train, what a sweet ride... :-)
Are you on Utopia?
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook