SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Transat Jaques Fabre

and the 40 class racers are racing again.

Jour 3 - Solidaires en Peloton (Class40... por TransatJacquesVabre

The ones that won the first leg, Rogues / Delahaye seem untouchable and have already a big advance. They are great sailors and his boat, a new Sam Manuard design is a bullet. On 2th and third the same places that they have occupied on the first leg, the Spanish team (Pela/Pablo) and the German/French one (Riechers and Brasseur). They are sailing respectively a 2013 Marcelino Botin and a 2012 Sam Manuard design.

If the 2013 Ker designed 40class racer seems not to be so hot as expected the one from the less know Spanish NA (Marcelino Botin) seems to be very fast allowing the all Spanish team a top performance. Of course with two boats on the podium Manuard remains one of the hottest Na from the new generation (Seascape 27).

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

Regarding the Open 60 Stamm, out of the strong winds seems to be loosing the pack that is in pursuing the leader, that are now only three. The laeader Gabart/Drejoyeux seem to have taken a radically different route option and are going in Peniche direction (my home port) and they are getting very close to it before turning to the Atlatic again.

Here, Marc's boat on the storm:

Jour 4 - Safran (IMOCA) - Transat Jacques Vabre... por TransatJacquesVabre

Has I had thought they had problems, namely with a furler and that's why they had lost so much time (they were 2th). They have managed to fix the problem and they are now fully operational again.

The multi 50 finally out of the storm can leave storm sailing tactics and go to full speed again. The leading ones have already overtaken all Open 60's with the exception of the leader but that should happen sun. And I was right about Yves. He was just managing the boat with care on the storm. Out of it he went to speed again, overtook Lalou and is first again.

I love that guy as a sailor, Yves Le Blevec is for many years the best skipper on the multi50 and those boats are very tricky to sail. I would love to see him on a Multi 70. By the way on the last Transat Jaques Fabre he won the race on multi 50 d teaming with...Sam Manuard, the designer of those top 40class racers. Sam is not only a top designer but a top racer, what a guy

Here Yves, managing the storm:

Jour 4 - Actual (Multi 50) - Transat Jacques... por TransatJacquesVabre

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-10-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook