SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
T....
As for PCP charging us all, taxing and licensing sailors to the hilt......

Bite me.

That conversation annoy me and i have had it several times.

Without getting political- I think you will find that the money spent rescuing sailors is insignificant compared to the money governments spend dealing with things like self imposed health issues, crime, etc etc. When everyone receives a bill for their burden on society then I will be open to sailors paying more.
I don't care about political solutions on society problems in other countries but it is obvious that while education, health and security are problems that matters to all and are indispensable, recreational sailing is a recreational activity that only respects to a very small minority.

Note that I am not talking about fishing or commercial navigation.

It is more than fair than problems that regards to all society should be paid by all (tax) and that problems and costs that are linked exclusively with a recreational activity that only regards to a minority should be paid for those that indulge in that activity and by those alone, otherwise it would not be fair or socially acceptable.

I like fairness even when it goes against my own interests.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook