SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013
Picnic Sailor

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUK View Post
This is a sailing forum these kind of the things are the fodder for discussion. That is what forums are for.

As for your bold faced statement I agree with you completely, see post no.80. However the name calling, the telling of people what to do and your general tenor is rude. This kind of crap belongs to forums like SA and not SN.
I don't think I called anyone a name, or told anyone what to do other than to bite me. I did use strong language to illustrate a point a feel very strongly about, perhaps that equates 'rude tenor'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
I agree with a lot of what you said but the tone was a bit much in my opinion.

Personally, I learn a lot from threads that discuss situations such as this. You have the people who have been out there and done it sharing with those who have not or hope to. It's how people learn. It's part of why this forum exists. After some time being in the forum you identify the sailors with the actual experience and those who haven't left the couch and you sort through the information provided so that you can add to your own bag of sailing tools to become a better sailor.
Perhaps I went A bit far with that line. I had read through the entire thread and that was the first thing thought that popped into my head. I really have an issue ( you may have noticed) with further regulation and interference into what is my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chall03; 11-10-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typing/spelling/too much rude tenor
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook