SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttb View Post
Now that I sail boats over 30 ft. I should stay inshore or can I still go out in the ocean safely ?
Sorry, you need a minimum of 40 ft. to go in the ocean safely, soon to be required by regulation. Plus, you must have completed all the ASA courses, including the Blue Water Sailing course (only $1,999 for a limited time) and crewed on someone else's 40+ foot boat in the ocean. Sailing is an esoteric art, limited to a few initiates, not every slob who can afford a boat...sailing is rocket science, after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttb View Post
I've never vomited on a boat, from seasickness.
If you feel you are about to vomit, please immediately activate your EPIRB while you can still operate it. You might also consider attaching it to the vomit bucket so you can have it handy before vomiting. One of our sponsors is having a 2 EPRIBs for the price of 1 special! (you can never have enough EPIRBS, particularly if one of the crew locks himself in the head with one.)

You should also activate the EPIRB if any rain-driven water drips from the windows or the front hatch. (Tell the Coast Guard you are "taking on water.") You can never activate it too early!

Last edited by jameswilson29; 11-10-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook