SailNet Community - View Single Post - Flapping leach
Thread: Flapping leach
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Yes, that plastic accoutrement is probably the clam cleat that would be used to tighten the leech line. Now look for a narrow pocket straight up the leech from that plastic cleat -- the line goes inside that. Perhaps you can rig another one yourself. Use something like an electrician's fish tape for the job. Use some small diameter line for it, and make sure it fits properly into the clam cleat before you go to the trouble of running it. I'm not sure how the line is terminated at the head of the sail, so perhaps someone else can answer that one?

Or -- take it to a sailmaker to have one added. As you are discovering, it is a useful sail control.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook