SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Starting with ISAF for safety is great. That is where I started when I set our boat up safety wise, but not where I finished

Your argument is putting something on me as an individual if I wish to participate in a rally - Incidentally most rallies are doing what you suggest in one form or another, all I am sure will follow soon.
ARC entry fees currently are based on length but you will drop about a cool 2-3K in fees. That guy who will come on your boat with his ISAF clipboard and declare you BFS safe isn't free you know ( nor will he be there with you in the liferaft).
Yes, it's putting something on you...IF you wish to participate in a rally, just like if you wish to participate in a race. If not - you've got no worries.

I have no problem with any of what you lay out above. Nothing's free. And at least you have a liferaft to be in.

I hope the rallies are moving in this direction. It would be a very good thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook