SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailvayu View Post

First boat down a Cartalina 54? catamaran, lost mast, made it back in under their own power. Distress call but refused help just wanted CG aware.
The boat should have issued a Pan Pan, that's what should be used to make the CG aware of the situation, instead they issued a not needed Mayday.

Quote:
Second boat down Braveheart. Injury broken arm. Distress call but made it in under their own after they found it unsafe for injured crew transfer.
The boat should have asked a medical evacuation not have deployed a Mayday.

Quote:
Lastly Aurora had a false alarm on their EPIRB, Capt. admitted mistake while checking gear. No assistance needed however a plane was sent to their location before the mistake was found.
Do you have seen an activated Epirb? How can someone not notice that an Epirb is activated?

and he waited airplanes to be searching for him to say that he had activated the Epirb?

Quote:
I do not think the skippers did that bad if anything maybe they were not fully prepared to do jury rigs and make emergency repairs.
Funny thing to say I give up, it seems that you all know a lot more than me.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 11-10-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook