SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things lost in the water
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Things lost in the water

I will never forget dropping my pocket knife off the dock when I was a kid. Probably about 12 or 13. It was a Boy Scout logo folding pocket knife. By today's standard, it was junk. The blade did not lock open, so it was probably dangerous too. But I carried it everywhere with me, even to school, which I'm sure would be illegal today.

It was the first moment I recall feeling completely helpless and subject to a life sentence for my mistake. I still recall where I was and who was there. I even recall the explanation from my Father that the bottom was soft mud and murky, so diving for it was futile. I was crushed.

To this day, I keep floating fobs with small carabiners on them in the car to attach to keys when I'm at the marina.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnewaska For This Useful Post:
jppp (11-11-2013)