SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013

sailvayu is on a distinguished road
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Once again it would seem some are inserting their opinions as facts here. Paulo took what I said and assumed all the boats that called in sent maydays. I never said anyone sent a mayday. The facts as far as I know only 2 of the boats sent maydays and 2 sent a spot sos. In some cases the boats never called the CG and only called in to the SSb net coordinator who in turn made a phone call to the CG informing them of the situation, no mayday or Pan pan. For at least one that lost their mast they set off the EPIRB a natural thing to do when your rig is in the water pounding against your hull. Once they cleared things and got everything under control they canceled the emergency as they felt they could get by on their own.

My point is lets not start a argument and condemn people based on speculation. If you do not know the facts take the time to learn them. This can be a good discussion that could help others thinking of making this passage in the future but it would help to keep the facts separate from opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook