SailNet Community - View Single Post - " All Is Lost" movie
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013

patrscoe is on a distinguished road
Re: " All Is Lost" movie

My wife and I saw the movie this weekend at a theater that just plays Independent movies towards Richmond. We enjoyed the movie. Once it was over, my wife and I started to pick the movie apart, mainly how unprepared he was as the storm was approaching. I think shaving would not be my concern, more so putting up the storm jib now and not in the middle of the storm. We joked on how the Sail mag would pick apart the event in their articles when they state what went right and what went wrong article. We have an excuse, we tend to pick apart things, for the good or bad but every movie will have some inaccuracies and it was well worth the wait. Years ago, I had a close friend who raced cars for a living. We watched a awful movie about car racing. I stated to him, "you must be upset, this movie seems unrealistic in many areas of racing" His response was "it's about racing cars, how can go wrong with that." I believe the movie is mainly about being alone where no one can help you or willing to help you, being resilient to disappointments and setbacks, and bouncing back, and yes, has some sailing in it, how can you go wrong with that.

S2 11.0A 36'
Kinsale, Va
Tanzer 16'
Moseley, Va
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook