SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUK View Post
I guess I'm still misssing your point Smack. Cuisers often go in packs and hire the services of a weather guru.

From what I understand only 2 of the boats were from the SDR out of 116. That's less than 2 percent. Those are numbers the last single handed round the would event would die for. Though the comparision is not exact these are elite sailors.
I don't know the exact numbers of SDR boats involved. The SDR site mentions 5...

Quote:
There were several incidents and emergencies among the fleet in the first 36 hours in which five boats had rudder and rig failures, seasickness and one broken arm.
Regardless of this number/ratio - I'm not in any way talking about what individual or loosely affiliated cruisers do. I'm talking about organized/sponsored rallies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook