SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
I didn't say it seems the same to me. I am aware of the difference between the two. What I was explaining to you is that the actual response here in Australia by SAR in both cases will be to begin the process of a rescue, and to ask craft to divert and render assistance. The assumption being that any PAN PAN could be a MAYDAY until proved otherwise.
That can't be true and makes no sense. Do you are saying that if I Issue a Pan Pan adverting the Australian CG for a serious problem and asking them to follow me for safety reasons (for instance contacting every 6 hours) because I have one of the following situations:

1 - I am making water but I have managed to stop the ingress to acceptable levels and I am trying to make it to port.

2. I have broken my mast, lost the engine, managed to jury rig and I am trying to make it to Port.

Are you saying that face to these circumstances the Australians will divert ships and launch aircrafts and helicopters just in case the Pan Pan turns in a mayday?

That does not makes sense.

As I have said an Epirb launch or a DSC emergency signal is a Mayday and cannot be used on a Pan Pan.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook