- 1 month old pair of Maui Jim Kahunas
- the stainless steel threadded lever from a Magma BBQ rail mount
- TWO 1lb propane canisters, and the regulator for the same grill
- the retaining ring from the top of a Barlow 19 winch
- about 50 of the 100 delrin bearings from a brand new Garhauer Foot Block
I also dropped my truck, boat and house keys (all on the same ring)into the 1" space between the catwalk, and a bulkhead at the yard where my boat had just been launched in RI in late May... It was 10:30 at night, I was alone at the boat, and I was seriously screwed, as my wife was not going to bring me a set of keys at that hour...
The truck was locked, but the boat was open. After I got a flashlight, I could just see the reflection of the keys in 6' of water along the bulkhead. The water was about 45ºF, but I had no other options; I stripped off my shoes/sox/pants/jacket/shirt, jumped in and recovered them.